10 Deadly Foods for Dogs: Can Kill Your Dog

2. Grapes and Raisins

Grapes and raisins are another seemingly harmless snack for humans that can be deadly for dogs. The exact mechanism of toxicity is unknown, but eating grapes or raisins can cause acute kidney failure in dogs. Even a small amount can be harmful.

Symptoms of grape or raisin poisoning include vomiting, diarrhea, loss of appetite, lethargy, abdominal pain, dehydration, increased thirst and urination, and reduced urine output. In severe cases, dogs may develop seizures, coma, or death.

If your dog has eaten grapes or raisins, contact your veterinarian immediately. Do not induce vomiting unless instructed by your vet.